To UPLOAD: Please register or Login
MuskieFIRST | WalleyeFIRST | SalmonFIRST | IceFishing | WhitetailFIRST | BassFIRST | OutdoorsFIRST Upload

Ice Fishing Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: sled

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

General Ice Fishing -> Ice Fishing Discussion -> December Report ...

Message Subject: December Report ...
sled
Posted 12/17/2018 10:56 AM (#20556)
Subject: December Report ...

I'm going to do my best not to be lazy and try to get on here more often. We had a really nice surprise and early start to hard water fishing in Northern Wisconsin this year. I could have put the skid shack out the first week of December easily but we finally got it out there on the 9th i think. The typical for us had been the 15th but the past few years were Christmas day and later ...

We're fishing in 8" of clear, hard ice and doing pretty well on our typical patterns. We have ventured around to find fryer pike and then have also done some trophy target trips with the biggest yet to come through the hole on low frequency with big bites using dead bait.

Walleyes have been consistent and panfish have been sporadic roaming so you either have to chase or be patient and then put the hammer down when they get to you.

Bottom line is it's sure nice to be out there enjoying vs. waiting like it seems we had to for the past 4 or 5 years or so ...

This year I've switched to open bail rod triggering flag devices. I began with the IFishPro and like it, but love the HT product (combine it with a foam hole cover) for it's simplicity and it's half the price proving yet again it's not always the most expensive product that gets the job done. Catching the pike with rod and reel is really fun.

Good luck to all of you and be safe out there!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TeamRooster
Posted 12/17/2018 5:24 PM (#20558 - in reply to #20556)
Subject: Re: December Report ...

Glad to hear you are still out there Sled. The fact l didn't get on the ice last year I didn't get on the site but checked it out a few times. Well like I posted "I'm back" and going to hit it hard this season. Been hitting the gills hard but planning some up coming pike trips and going to work on my wally game...stay tuned..............Rooster

Edited by TeamRooster 12/17/2018 5:27 PM
sled
Posted 12/17/2018 7:15 PM (#20559 - in reply to #20556)

give a shout if you ever make it to our neck of the woods ...
sworrall
Posted 12/20/2018 1:22 PM (#20560 - in reply to #20556)

We should do a road trip....
sled
Posted 12/22/2018 6:57 PM (#20561 - in reply to #20556)

full day on the ice today and a few half days this past week. finding fish to be really streaky. nothing and then windows and all species pike, walleyes, bass and panfish. SE winds intermittent with overcast 30+. need some weather to turn these fish on. regardless though, when the windows open, we were there to catch them so finished with some frier pike, returned some nice walleyes and caught a handfull of bass. now work on the panfish today ... just wasn't worth waiting them out ... tomorrow off to another pike spot away from the shack ... hopefully things improve in the coming days.
Genam
Posted 3/24/2019 2:19 PM (#20610 - in reply to #20556)
Subject: RE: December Report ...

If you want durability, you may look for second hand stuff from big brands online. I know a couple of youtube channels that sell such stuff and even do giveaways. Now choosing a backpack was a more serious issue for me personally. I went through five of six online stores before I found what I needed. Maybe I am just choose of course. I try to do it according to practicality so buying cheap ones is not an option for me: http://tenres.com/a-guide-for-purchasing-a-backpack/hiking/ I have the one I like now even though according to experts there is still room for improvement.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Vexan Rods

(Delete all cookies set by this site)